Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Watch my short

  1. #21
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    This has turned into quite a war of words.


    I'm glad films still have the ability to provoke.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member mrneutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has brought life to this forum.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello alan, I thought your comments were both ignorant and offensive.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Alan Gesic's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Mywifewasnotsupposedtohaveachild. Great to have you back. I'm sorry you found my comments offensive and ignorant, I've actually watched Kevs film three more times and quite agree. I'm such a cad. Honestly my trumpeteering lips are always getting me into trouble. Kev I apologise to you for any offence. I was erring on the extreme side, you see I've been under quite a lot of pressure what with my GCSE mocks. Though your film was only mediocre it didn't merit the roast that i've given it. I see from the level of support you've had on this board that you're probably in the right. I suppose i did get a little personal with you and said some things that i wouldn't dare say to your face. I was just trying to have a laugh - and yes at your expense. Sorry mate. You're the best film-guy.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hahahaha, now I get it. Very dry.

    At least GCSE's are easier nowadays, eh? When I took them they were quite hard. Good luck with them, hope they don't get in the way of pre-production of 'The Moon and Jimmy Mouse' too much!

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    GCSE mocks? I thought I was debating with an adult.

    Have a bit more respect for your elders next time.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member richardmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    I dont get it, he was joking?

  8. #28
    Inactive Member mrneutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2005
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It doesn't help, a film director not liking people.

  9. #29
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't even know - or care - anymore.


    See, this is why I hate people.

  10. #30
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Doesn't hurt either. Hitchcock wasn't particularly enamoured with the people who worked for him, particularly actors, whom he liked to torture.

    And Kubrick exasperated everyone by insisting on hundreds of takes of the same scene, nay the same line. So much so that Shelly Duvall virtually had a nervous breakdown on The Shining.

    And Billy Friedkin used to set off guns and firecrackers on The Exorcist to freak people out, and even indirectly threw Ellen Burstyn against a wall during one special effect which gave her permanent back problems.

    All three examples have produced first-class Hollywood films.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •